What to Expect During Your Fertility Treatment Appointments
At your first appointment, I will conduct a thorough health evaluation. I’ll ask you questions about your menstrual and gynecological health along with questions about sleep, digestion, diet, etc. We’ll talk about anything and everything that relates to your overall health and your fertility. When we’re finished, you’ll hop up on the table for your first treatment.
At your follow up appointment, I’ll go over the details of the treatment protocol I designed for you. My recommendations will include acupuncture and one or more of the following complementary components: Chinese Herbal Medicine, Western supplementation, and/or diet and lifestyle changes. I’ll give you plenty of time to ask questions and then you’ll get on the table for your second acupuncture treatment.
From there, patients typically come in for weekly appointments (this may vary based on health and stage in the fertility process). All the while, I will be closely monitoring your progress and adjusting your protocol as necessary to improve your results. We will be a laser beam focused on treating health concerns that may be hindering fertility and maximizing your overall health in order to give you the best possible chance of conceiving and delivering a healthy baby.
I will also help you:
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Time baby making sex to optimize the chances of getting pregnant
- Teach you how to most accurately identify ovulation – may include use of Ovulation Predictor Kits, Basal Body Temperature charting/evaluation of charts, tracking your menstrual cycles, and tracking cervical mucus
- Evaluate the perfect timing for insemination if applicable
Still wondering what acupuncture can do for you?
Research studies are confirming what Acupuncturists and Chinese Medicine practitioners have known for centuries, acupuncture works! It’s a powerful tool when it comes to treating infertility and it’s underlying causes. Here’s a list of just some of the ways acupuncture has been shown to positively impact the most common factor influencing fertility:
- Regulate reproductive hormones
- Promote ovulation
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Increase uterine lining thickness
- Reduce unwanted uterine contractions
- Improve IVF/IUI pregnancy rates
- Decrease insulin resistance (factor in PCOS)
- Enhance ovarian health