Prepare for Birth with Acupuncture & Encourage the Onset of Labor Naturally
Acupuncture has received lots of attention over the years for its success in supporting and promoting the natrual onset of labor. It’s an amazing way for women to support themselves in those last few weeks of pregnancy. Labor preparation treatments are one of my very favorite parts of my job! What many women don’t know is that receiving regular acupuncture treatment in the weeks leading up to the delivery carries with it a whole host of benefits that go far beyond encouraging labor.
Here’s how acupuncture during pregnancy can help you:
- Increase likelihood for the optimal fetal position – leads to shorter active labors and decreases chances of interventions such as medically induced labors and/or Cesarian sections
- Increase cervical ripening – read the study here
- Reduce chances of intervention such as medically inducing labor and/or Cesarian sections
- Increases and helps maintain energy levels during labor
- Reduces stress, anxiety, and fear leading up to and during labor
- Reduces the risk of elevated blood pressure
Want to learn more about what labor preparation treatments entail? Watch the video below where I explain exactly what I focus on during treatments to best prepare you for a healthy birth.
I recommend women come in for a short series of treatments in the weeks leading up to their due date. Starting at 36 weeks is ideal. Our goal is to prepare your body for labor, increase chances of labor beginning spontaneously, and decrease the need for interventions during labor.
If you are approaching 39+ weeks, your water has broken but you are not experiencing contractions, or your healthcare providers are anxious to get things moving in the next few days, I also provide individual treatments to encourage the onset of labor and/or better prepare you for a medical induction.