We’ve Helped Hundreds of Women on their Fertility Journey
If you’re on this page you’ve probably been struggling to get pregnant. You may have just begun trying or you may have already seen infertility specialists and tried IUI’s or IVF. No matter where you are on your quest for parenthood or your particular circumstances, we can help you. We’re acupuncturists who specialize in infertility, women’s health and pregnancy. We know exactly what to do in order to optimize your chances of conceiving.
Acupuncture has been used for hundreds of years to heal the body, restore hormonal health and support conception. Though it can be used as a stand alone therapy with great success, we use our expertise in Chinese Herbal Medicine, nutrition, and nutritional supplements to further boost your results.
Our goal is to use all the tools in our tool box – acupuncture, nutrition, Chinese Herbs, supplements, stress management – to enhance your fertility and your fertile potential. We’ve dedicated our acupuncture careers to helping women, just like you get pregnant and maintain healthy pregnancies.
We know that if nothing else, the process of trying to get pregnant is an emotional roller coaster. Keeping BBT charts, figuring out how to use/read Ovulation Predictor Kits, identifying the signs of ovulation, the emotional isolation, worrying about cost, figuring out the timing for sex or IUI’s, the two week wait, questioning whether you’re feeling symptoms of PMS or pregnancy… it’s dizzying.
We understand why infertility is so hard and we’re here to help you through it.
If you haven’t guessed by now, I have a healthy obsession with women’s health and fertility. I struggled conceiving myself (you can read my fertility story here) and have treated women for over a decade along their own their infertility journeys. Be assured, that my associates and I know what you’re going through.
- Comprehensive care that tends to your physical and emotional wellbeing
- Nutrition recommendations specific for your body, hormonal health needs and fertility
- Supplement consultation so you know exactly what products will best support your fertility
- Active listening with a true understanding of what you’re going through so you know you are seen, heard, and genuinely supported
- Long appointments that provide enough time for you to share, ask questions and receive care at a nurturing pace
- A safe place to ask hard questions and get educated, experienced, professional advice on everything from what progesterone in oil shots feel like to when it’s time to get a second opinion or investigate donor eggs
- Close relationships with an amazing network of fertility professionals so we can connect you with the best therapist, OB/GYN, Reproductive Endocrinologist, Fertility Center, Cryobank, support group, lawyer, LGBTQ specialized fertility professionals, etc.
Who can benefit: Anyone who wants to have a baby
We support all individuals and couples who are battling infertility and seeking to become parents. Whether you’re dealing with irregular menstrual cycles, PCOS, Endometriosis, low ovarian reserve, recurrent miscarriage, male infertility or lack of exposure to sperm our protocols we will listen to your story, evaluate BBT charts, blood tests and symptoms and develop a protocol specific to you and your needs.
Acupuncture and our protocols can…
- Regulate reproductive hormones
- Promote ovulation
- Increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Increase uterine lining thickness
- Reduce unwanted uterine contractions
- Improve IVF/IUI pregnancy rates
- Decrease insulin resistance (factor in PCOS)
- Enhance ovarian health
What are the benefits:
The last decade has brought us wonderful randomized control trials that show time and time again the benefits acupuncture has increasing conception rates. With that said, it’s important to note that Chinese Medicine has been used for over 3,000 to help women conceive. In China, this is nothing new. But as you know, in the United States Randomized Controlled Trials are the gold standard. Acupuncture studies have shown…
- Increased blood flow to the uterus and therefore uterine wall thickness
- Increased endorphin production, which in turn, has been shown to effect the release of a gonadtrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH), a decapeptide involved in regulating reproduction
- Lower stress hormones
- Impact on plasma levels of the fertility hormones: follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol (E2), and Progesterone (P)
- Normalization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis
- A positive effect for women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, a hormonal imbalance present in three percent of adolescents and adults.
*Note: This list was taken directly from a review of existing studies on acupuncture and infertility performed by researchers from WEILL CORNELL Medical Center, New York.
What’s the Most Important Thing for You to Know Right Now?
The most important thing for you to know right now is that no matter what you have been through, your age or your underlying health…or even a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, We can help.
My team and I will work directly with you to analyze exactly what’s going on in your body from both Western and an Eastern points of view. We will develop a detailed protocol designed specifically to target your individual needs. Together we’ll work to increase your overall health and dramatically increase your chances of conception.
If you’re in the Cambridge or surrounding area and what to enhance your fertility, call our acupuncture office today. We’ll help you get started right away.